Dogs and cats have a tendency to shed more hair in the spring in preparation for the warmer temperatures of the summer months. If you have a pet, it means your house (and everything in it) is likely covered in pet hair. It’s time to see the best handheld vacuum cleaner for pet hair.
Dealing with excess pet hair is a pain, but these lightweight and efficient handhelds can remove pet hair from your clothes, furniture, and everything around the house. Because they are compact, they can get into tight corners and crevices. You can tame pet hair in any room in your home without removing heavy equipment from the closet. (Wireless models even make your car look great.)
What should I look for in the best handheld vacuum cleaner for pet hair?
Here are some professional tips to keep in mind when shopping for the best pet hair vacuum cleaner for you (and your pet!):
Noise. Some vacuum cleaners are louder than others, and sensitive animals can be frightened or disturbed by the noise. If so, look for a quieter vacuum.
Ergonomic design. Vacuuming your home of pet hair can take more than a few minutes. So choose a handheld vacuum cleaner with a design that will keep it comfortable and painless.
Look for a guarantee. No matter how much research you do or how well maintained a pet hair vacuum cleaner is, there is always a risk of it breaking. Protect yourself and buy a vacuum cleaner with a guarantee.
These handheld vacuums go a long way towards keeping your home (and yourself, your car and everything in between) free of pet hair. For more tips, tricks, and tools to keep fur down, see some of our other articles below.
Best handheld vacuum cleaner for pet hair
Here are some of our favourite portable vacuums, from basic units just getting the job done to more sophisticated models with added bells and whistles.
Premium: The Miele Triflex HX1 Cat and Dog Bagless Stick Vacuum
There is no doubt that Miele is one of the better quality vacuum cleaners you will buy. The Germany-based company has been in the game for over 100 years, and its loyal fans and widely rated products (Google only) underscore the company’s commitment to quality.
You will pay, oh how you will pay; The above unit costs roughly $699, but the fact remains that Miele is the gold standard when it comes to these machines. It is considered the best handheld vacuum cleaner for pet by some people.
Here are the notable features of this particular Miele model:
- Unlike most other Miele models, this battery-powered cordless vacuum cleaner is lighter and easier to use, with no canister or bag to manoeuvre or maintain (as is the case with most other models). Empty it into a powder cup near the handle
- It was specially developed for dog and cat owners with a lifelong HEPA filter that absorbs almost 100% dust and allergic dander
- A versatile 3-in-1 design enables endless cleaning possibilities, from normal upright operation to lightweight portable design, ideal for all floor surfaces as well as the car. Click here to see on Amazon
Shark Wandvac Handheld Vacuum
If you want a really small and lightweight handheld vacuum cleaner, consider the Shark Wandvac. Weighing in at just 1.4 pounds, it’s one of the lightest handhelds on the market. It is cordless and has a lithium battery that charges in 2.5 hours.
- The LED indicates that the battery is charged so you can easily see when the battery needs to be charged
- With the multi-surface tool, you can easily clean pet hair from sofas, carpets, floors and other surfaces
- The splitting tool makes it easier to clean animal hair in places that are traditionally difficult to access
- Easy cleaning of the dust container
Black & Decker Dustbuster handheld vacuum cleaner
The Dustbuster is equipped with anti-tangle rubber bristles with which stubborn animal hair can be removed from carpets, upholstery and other surfaces, and if you have animal hair hidden in hard-to-reach corners you will appreciate the extra-long slot of this model. Tool. These features, plus a one-touch dump tool that allows you to easily clean the large dust bin (without covering your hands in dirt and hair) make it a winner when it comes to pet hair removal. However, users report that the engine is noisy.
- The battery indicator shows when it is time to recharge
- Washable filter and pre-filter for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Four times more suction power and 145% longer run time than comparable portable Black & Decker models
- Oversized trash can trap more dirt and hair, which means less frequent emptying
Best performing handheld: Shark Rocket Ultralight Handheld Vacuum
If you are looking for a comfort and performance vacuum cleaner specifically designed for pets, you will love this handheld vacuum cleaner. Weighing less than 4 pounds, this vacuum cleaner offers powerful suction and deep cleaning in a small, lightweight package. The motorized TruePet brush is ideal for removing the most stubborn animal hair from carpets and upholstery. With their easy-to-empty dust bin, all you have to do is remove pet hair. When you’re done vacuuming, push a button. There are no pockets to remove or replace. This is one of the best handheld vacuum cleaner for pet.
- The 15-foot power cord gives you the freedom to clean large areas of your home without unplugging or charging. (Note that it does not retract automatically. You must wind the cable up by hand.)
- Weighing less than 4 pounds, this vacuum is light, compact, and portable
- The TruePet Motorized Brush Attachment was specially developed for animal hair that is difficult to remove
- Washable and reusable filters mean no maintenance costs
- Verified Review: “I love that the shark comes with multiple attachments – an angle tool, a motorized brush, a standard padding tool and an extension/hose that give you the perfect tool for any surface. I was able to vacuum trash and pet hair from wooden stairs, concrete floors, pet (and human) beds, old wool carpets, and even inside the car. It had more suction power than other vacuum cleaners I tested, was relatively quiet and very agile. “”
Lozayi 7KPA cordless handheld vacuum cleaner
One of the most important characteristics of a vacuum cleaner is the motor. This is especially true when trying to vacuum stubborn and difficult pet hair. This handheld vacuum cleaner has a 100 watt high-performance motor for removing animal hair from the sofa, upholstery and stairs. This is one of the best handheld vacuum cleaner for pet.hair
- Equipped with four easily interchangeable accessories including a pet brush and a wedge tool for reaching hard-to-reach corners
- Cordless vacuum cleaner with up to 30 minutes of continuous autonomy
- The vacuum cleaner comes with a 12-month guarantee
- It comes with a carrying case for easy portability and storage.